Health & Safety – Our #1 Priority
Diligent Cleaning recognises that the health and safety is of the utmost importance. Therefore we aim to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and safe systems of work. We provide our teams with all of the necessary information, resources and training in order to achieve this aim.
It is the policy of Diligent Cleaning to conduct all of its business activities in a responsible manner, free from recognised hazards, to minimize its impact on the environment and with the health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers, partners and community at the forefront of our operations.
In order to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), we adhere to the following stringent measures:
- Ensure that all equipment is serviced, well maintained and safe to use
- Provide for the safe transport, handling and storage of substances
- Ensure that all operating procedures are safe
- To ensure that all training and instructions are updated
- Maintain a safe place of work with safe access and exit routes
- To provide required PPE to include protective and hi-visibility clothing, ear defenders, glasses and gloves
- To ensure a safe working through the use of cordons, warning cones and signage
We have our own, fully qualified Health and Safety advisor from whom expert advice will be sought as necessary when determining Health and Safety risks and the measures required in controlling them.
Our Health and Safety policy is kept up to date as circumstances and/or services change in nature and size. Our qualified Health and Safety team member is tasked with constantly keeping our policy under review and making amendments as necessary. As a minimum requirement, our policy is reviewed and updated as appropriate on an annual basis.
Safe Working Measures
Where possible, we always take measures to ensure that the size of the ‘safe working area’ is sufficient for the task – making it the least possible for any client, customer or other 3rd party to enter and put them in harm’s way. To give you further peace of mind, we are fully covered by industry specific, specialist insurances. Safe working means that all tasks, however small, are covered by:
- £10m Employer’s Liability and £5m Public Liability cover plus a host of industry specific extensions to cover
- Full staff uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all tasks
- Task and site specific Method Statements
- Task and site specific Risk Assessments
- Work will only be carried out if it is not contrary to safe working practices or in a place of risk to employees
- Operating and working only with Diligent Cleaning’s own equipment
- Adopting all relevant and necessary on-site client health and safety schedules
If you’re a business in Peterborough or the surrounding areas and need a high quality, professional service – get in contact with Diligent Cleaning today
Call us on 01733 602 440